M.I.T Robotics Class

M.I.T Robotics Class
I wonder what he's thinking?

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lego Robotics at M.I.T. -Cambridge, MA






On Monday, January 30, 2012, four adventurous souls travelled to the banks of the Charles River - Boston. Our first experiences on the campus of the infamous Massachusetts Institute of Technology went well. Three students attended a Lego Robotics Rally with other homeschoolers from Massachusetts. All together, my guess-timation was there were 15 students in all. Paired up with partners, these students had to learn about simple machine theories like gears, and what it meant to be "gearing up or gearing down" by creating their very own motorized lego vehicles. The tasks were to create (as a team) a slow or fast moving vehicle with adding or subtracting pulley systems. One of our teams actually held the 1st place position (for about 20 mins) as the slowest vehicle created. The vehicle "the slugginator" could move 1 meter every 1.5 hours. This was calculated by observing the motion of the vehicle over time and multiplying by 10 once it reaching .10 meters. Great work everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment